Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:Human Resources
Primary Location Salary Range:$26.64/hr - $44.40/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives – and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Come bring your passion for excellence, and your desire to “make healthcare easier so life can be better” to the Banner Health External Contract Labor Contracting Team. As a Supplemental Labor Specialist, you will review and analyze organizational staffing needs, present proposals to leadership, and determine timing, funding availability and procedures for entering into and maintaining arrangements with ECL vendors.
You will Lead and coordinate needs analysis, the vendor vetting process with appropriate stakeholders, and interface with customers and vendors to ensure appropriate understanding of organizational staffing needs and vendor offerings. Your areas of focus will drive and deliver strategic initiatives, with attention on the business, operations, and ensuring consistency and standardization for overall business performance and results. As an integral member of the Banner Staffing Services External Contract Labor team, you will develop and influence strategies that allow teams to elevate performance.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WYWithin Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position coordinates and facilitates activities focused on arrangements with External Contract Labor (ECL) vendors and the associated programs and initiatives. Reviews proposed agreements to ensure that goals and/or objectives are in alignment with the organization's staffing needs. Serves as the centralized point of contact to manage ECL vendor contracts and associated follow-up; works collaboratively with key stakeholders, partners and customers throughout the organization. Plays a key role in development, implementation and administration of the technology used to support our ECL staffing needs and vendors arrangements. Ensures compliance with contracting standards, negotiates desired changes with vendors and maintains market relationships.
1. Reviews and analyzes organizational staffing needs, presents proposal to leadership, and determines timing, funding availability and procedures for entering into and maintaining arrangements with ECL vendors. Leads and coordinates needs analysis, leads the vetting process with appropriate stakeholders, and interfaces with vendors. Facilitates and manages the contract planning, issue resolution and evaluation of proposed arrangement. Prepares contracts for review and approval by appropriate leader.
2. Partners with customers and stakeholders to ensure appropriate understanding of organizational staffing needs and vendor offerings. This includes notifying vendors of workforce/staffing needs, as well as receiving vendor profiles (candidate resumes) to assess profile meets minimum qualifications, posts the profiles to shared site, and sets up interviews with the facilities/entities.
3. Develops the process and follow up for all ECL contracts. Assists leadership with rate determinations and works with the legal department and online services to develop the workflow for reviewing and approving contracts
4. Plays a key role in development, implementation and administration of the technology used to support our ECL staffing needs and vendors arrangements
5. Prepares various project reports for management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Participates in the development and maintenance of the departmental information database system
6. Provides customer service, responds to requests and serves as the point of contact for all ECL contracts
7. Performing recruitment and staffing functions, as needed. This position may also perform training for new ECL employees
8. Provides quality assurance audits on vendor relationship/quality of profiles, number of profiles submitted per need etc. This includes designing coordinating and performing the audits of key functions to ensure data and process integrity; directs resolution of identified issues and monitors / measures to ensure that improvements are maintained
9. Provides guidance for External Contract Labor (ECL) contract process, management and implementation across the organization, region, and/or facility. Identifies new and potential ECL vendors. Internal customers include senior management, all levels of facility leadership and staff, human resources leaders. External customers include ECL vendors and associated staff.
Must possess strong knowledge of Human Resources, staffing, business or related field as could be obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree or 2 to 3 years of experience performing and/or conducting business analysis, supporting sourcing and recruitment efforts, and/or managing vendor relationships.
Must demonstrate a high level of planning and analytical thinking to orchestrate, review and coordinate vendor agreements with staffing firms to ensure that goals and/or objectives of these relationships are accomplished.
Requires the ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral formats.
Must possess the ability to effectively present research findings, contracts, and recommendations to management.
Must be results oriented, customer service focused, and able to organize and independently manage various vendor contracts and activities simultaneously.
Must be able to manage multiple projects with overlapping time lines, deliverables, goals, objectives, and expectations.
Must have a working knowledge of common software programs to prepare and create correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports and effectively work with data management programs.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website