Primary City/State:Greeley, Colorado
Department Name:Infection Control-Hosp
Job Category:Risk, Quality and Safety
Primary Location Starting Range:$37.48/hr - $49.98/hr
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives – and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for an Infection Prevention Director for our Northern Colorado team. The successful Infection Prevention Director candidate will have their Master's degree in Public, Business Administration or other healthcare related field. Candidates with their Bachelor's degree will be considered. Certifcate in Infection Control (CIC) is required along with at least 5 years of experience in infection control and prevention. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about this area of healthcare, who enjoy developing a team and making a great impact for our teams and patients. The starting pay rate for this position is 37.48 up to $62.47/hour based on experience and education. If you are interested, please apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your lifeYour pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
This position, under the direction of the infection prevention committee, is responsible for the effective direction, management and operation of the infection prevention and control/epidemiology department, including education of hospital personnel and consultation with the organization, CDC, and the county and state health departments. The responsibilities encompass compliance with Joint Commission (JC) standards, CMS, OSHA, and state regulations, outbreak investigation, and overall direction of the infection prevention and control program. The position works closely with both system and operating entities leaders and medical staff to improve quality and outcomes of clinical care related to infection prevention. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
1. Ensures that all services provided meet with the facility's needs and expectations. Manages the department in a cost-effect manner by accurately forecasting budgetary and staffing needs, and manages expenses within budgetary constraints. Devises action plans to correct negative variances. May maintain a competent and motivated staff through proper selection, training, evaluating and termination, as necessary.
2. Establishes, implements and administers departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures; conducts ongoing review of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines to identify infection prevention and control discrepancies and implements revisions as necessary. Provides ongoing assessment of performance, analyzes infection outcome data, and identifies performance improvement opportunities or trends. Conducts high level assessments, gathers information and collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement. Analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making.
3. Develops and coordinates the infection prevention and control program throughout the facility. Implements the program by formulating, establishing and evaluating policies and procedures relating to patient care infection prevention and control measures throughout the facility that ensure compliance with JC, OSHA, CDC, CMS and other county, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
4. Serves as a resource and subject matter expert to staff, leaders, medical staff, patients and the community for infection prevention and control. Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection. Serves as a subject matter expert for the facility and system related to emerging infections, public health crisis and emergency management.
5. Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection prevention committee, medical staff committees, medical executive committee and the facility's administration and other committees as needed.
6. Responsibility for infection prevention at large healthcare entities (>100 beds) and contribution to system-level infection prevention activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians.
Requires Masters in Public Health (MPH), Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or master's degree in other healthcare related field or Bachelors degree in healthcare related field and experience equivalent to masters degree.
Requires certification in Infection Control (CIC).
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years experience in infection prevention or diseases surveillance experience in a public health setting.
Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy.
Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi- disciplinary teams.
Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations.
Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website