Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Collects, prepares, and enters digital assets (copy, photography, videos, etc. - primarily supplied by the creative team) into the CMS utilizing standard templates, as well as free form HTML. (Includes SEO related tagging and hospital/provider updates.)
- Ensures all required content elements added to site (may write elements like error messages and alt tags).
- Performs user acceptance testing (UAT) as needed; ensures that new content/copy is signed off on by relevant stakeholders.
- Proofreads and edits the information and elements on the website(s) and app(s) and ensures that it is valid and up to date.
- Manages the day-to-day the operations of the content management system (CMS) used to control the information on the website (expert on CMS functionality).
- Understands the capabilities of the system and makes recommendations for use of templates and widgets.
- Builds new pages, sections, and microsites using pre-defined templates and widgets, as well as free form HTML – potentially applying alternate CSS and branding.
- Work with analytics team to ensure web analytics working as designed to measure and evaluate content effectiveness.
- Administers personalization rules for website content in CMS.
- Manages role-based access to CMS system.
- Troubleshoots website issues; understands how the content management system works and how it integrates with other systems and processes.
- Creates, maintains, and organizes site collections that support efficient workflows.
- Manage CMS based data in support of website operations; understands and troubleshoots integrations with 3rd party data sources as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Marketing, Communications, Website Management, Website Development, Business Analysis, or similar is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) certification is preferred.
- Five years of experience in website content management and website technical support are required.
- Three or more years of experience supporting website operations built on an enterprise content management system (preferably Sitecore) with integrations with back end systems are required.
- Experience with A/B, multivariate and other forms of web usability testing is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website