Summary and Qualifications:
Supervisea team of veterinary technician recruiters, operational excellence and for high-volume, end to end recruitment process, leading by example to enable a best-in-class Talent Acquisition function.
Partner with the Sr. Manager to support functional internal stakeholder areas and incorporate tools such as Workforce Planning, Career Succession Planning and social media avenues while overseeing the building of a talent pipeline and improving our brand as an employer of choice.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Select, hire and develop recruiters to support the veterinary technician recruitment strategy and meet business requirements.
- Provide leadership, coaching, guidance, feedback, and development to veterinary technician recruiters.
- Foster a consistent understanding of the TA strategy, translate it into defined plans, and manage execution, evaluating against desired outcomes and anticipating needed changes.
- Monitor talent shifts within veterinary industry and apply to strategy and stakeholder communication.
- Assist with building recruiting action plans by market.
- Evaluate sourcing strategies and assist the team in excelling at attracting, screening and presenting talent to hiring managers in a highly challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Meet recruiting goals, over-come obstacles, create strong candidate pipelines and inventory.
- Manage recruiter effectiveness by ensuring proper workflows and ensure operational excellence through performance management.
- Serve on cross-functional teams when needed, representing the team on projects within Banfield and cross-organizationally within the Mars Veterinary Health and Mars, Inc., as needed.
- Analyze and interpret industry data, converting into usable information, i.e., industry trends, new tools/technology and make recommendations, staying up to date on recruitment programs and best practices.
- Support management of vendor effectiveness by ensuring proper workflows and SLAs are followed and delivered.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Six years of Human Resources experience with five years directly related to recruitment or staffing are required.
- Three years of supervisory or management experience (high-volume) with the ability to work effectively in a global collaborative team environment are required.
- SPHR/PHR SHRM-CP/SCP certification is preferred.
- Experience with Taleo Enterprise Edition is preferred.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website