Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Elicit, document, and present requirements clearly and effectively to all project stakeholders.
- Perform and oversee the overall business requirements gathering, development validation and business project coordination of assigned projects.
- Create functional requirements from business requirements, prioritizing features, documenting workflow diagrams, process flows, writing use cases, utilizing UML for abstract modeling the system, including cross platform integration requirements.
- Work with development teams that create APIs, SDKs and technologies that leverage REST principles is highly desired. Hearing the terms HTTP POST or CRUD should not be unfamiliar.
- Guide stakeholders through a software selection process to ensure that the best solution is chosen by using proven and reliable software selection processes.
- Involvement in the full lifecycle of the project from project initiation and approval, business analysis phase through deployment to the hospitals and business, and post deployment issue resolution.
- Manage internal and external customers and vendors on projects from inception through implementation and review.
- Establish and maintain project teams' trust and confidence, quickly developing an understanding of business needs.
- Manage project priorities, continuously performing project issue/risk assessment and reduction/mitigation; escalating when necessary.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure project success.
- Implement and maintain a project document repository.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years of experience as a business analyst, or with recent years of progressively responsible experience in information systems/business analysis, design and implementation as described above are required.
- Experience working with development teams that create APIs, SDKs and technologies that leverage REST principles is highly desired. Hearing the terms HTTP POST or CRUD should not be unfamiliar.
- Has a good understanding of Scrum Process especially the Scrum Master role
- Project management, knowledge of organizational and project development techniques are preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Apply on company website