BAE Systems, Combat Mission Systems Division is seeking a Director I, Strategic Improvements for Supply Chain and Logistics. In this high visibility role, the individual expected to lead a small cross functional team to drive systemic improvements to our value stream to ensure quality material on time.
As part of the role the individual will:
- Engage with business partners to aggressively drive improvements across functions ensuring an effective value stream to deliver quality material on time.
- Define a supply architecture including establishing best practices in material definition, planning, risk management, material management, and logistics.
- Manage a portfolio of modernization activities to ensure our systems are used effectively, including Oracle Business Systems and TIPQA.
- Drive activities to increase the maturity of the Integrated Supply Chain team as required to produce outstanding results.
- Foster a LEAN based cultured focused on innovation, and constant data-driven improvement, with a focus on efficiency and automation.
Required Skills and Education
- Proven working knowledge of MMAS concepts and best practices;
- Solid understanding of business systems and processes in an assembly environment;
- Proficiency working with integrated ERP systems;
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite;
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written;
- Leadership skills to manage, develop, direct, coach, and mentor a team;
- Keen customer-focused mindset with the ability to respond and anticipate needs;
- Results-oriented with the ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment;
- Budget management.
Preferred Skills and Education
The Director 1, Strategic Improvements should have strengths related to:
- Material planning in a government contractor environment;
- Compliance to Material Management Accounting Systems (MMAS) standards under DFARS 252.242-7004;
- Material handling and inventory management (including government furnished materials);
- Work in process, material flow, and replenishment processes in a manufacturing / assembly environment;
- A heavy manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website