BAE Systems Intelligence & Security (I&S) is searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our Air Force Solutions (AFS) team supporting United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) at Offutt AFB, NE. The joint military, civilian, and contractor team operates within the USSTATCOM/J614, responsible for lifecycle management, engineering, and integration of mission critical systems within USSTRATCOM's Global Operations Center (GOC). In this role, you will serve as a Technical Project Manager supporting critical mission systems scheduled for transition to the new Command and Control Facility (C2F), ensuring operational capabilities of the current and future facilities to support current, emerging and future mission requirements. This is an extremely dynamic environment with the opportunity to learn and have significant impact to the mission. If you have a genuine passion to learn, provide quality support, and solve tough challenges to meet our customer's mission critical needs, this job is for you!
The Technical Project Manager role encompasses tasking primarily within Project Management, but may include Systems Engineering as well. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and ability to perform tasking across these functional areas, to include: Project Planning, Scheduling and Monitoring; Process Documentation and Improvement; Meeting and Working Groups Facilitation; Metrics; White Papers, Studies, and Reports; Systems Architecture Support; and Requirements Support.
General responsibilities of this role include:
- Prepares project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed
- Prepares, builds and updates project schedules collaboratively with the project team
- Reviews status of projects, manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Performs schedule reviews to ensure effective and efficient best practices for scheduling are used
- Conducts detailed critical path analysis for problem projects and root cause analysis for issues
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Two+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Six + years of demonstrated experience coordinating and managing external and internal stakeholders, and partnering with stakeholders and subject matter experts to manage requirements, resources, and schedules
- Advanced-level knowledge of and experience with MS Project schedules including: identification and tracking of critical milestones and dependencies; exports and imports; inter-project linkage and multi-project consolidation; ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports
- Demonstrated strong time management (i.e., prioritize, organize, and accomplish work) and problem solving skills (i.e., analyzing information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems)
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise written and verbal communications to diverse audiences -- delivering explanations of complex technical procedures and process clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Outstanding customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to build and retain constructive working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with documented ability to motivate and influence others to achieve desired results
Preferred Skills and Education
• PMP Certified
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website