BAE Systems is looking for a project leader in our Navigation & Sensor Solution (NSS) SATNAV Systems department located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We are the premier provider of military positioning, navigation and timing solutions. This specific role is for an Integrated Project Team Leader (IPT lead) who will be responsible for scope, schedule and budget for assigned program(s). This individual will lead a systems engineering team specific to a project and coordinate regularly with other engineering disciplines and program management to ensure the success of the project. This will include managing quality, cost, schedule, and scope as well as the various team dynamics present on project teams.
In our SATNAV Systems department, you will become part of a Systems Engineering and Integration Team developing Modernized M-Code GPS Receivers for ground defense programs. The team is responsible for the complete systems product development process including requirements analysis and capture, design, integration and product verification including operations and customer support. Developing military GPS products with the latest technology and maintaining our legacy receivers, this systems engineering team works closely with hardware and software development teams during the development process as well as in GPS labs to integrate and test products using equipment to facilitate live and simulated signals and environments.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Design and development experience in Systems, Software and Hardware engineering
- Experience in earned value management and cost account management and analysis
- Experience with project management tools and metrics is a plus. (MS Project, S-Curves, etc.)
- Basics of risk and opportunity management (identify, quantify, and mitigate risks)
- Experience with systems and software tools (DOORS, JIRA, Subversion, etc)
- Time management skills - ability to work unsupervised, multi-task, and coordinate work
- Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management and engineering teams
- Must excel working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with team members, leadership, and customers.
- Knowledge of or experience with Lean-Agile principles and Agile Teams.
- Must have the desire to participate on a results-oriented engineering team, be highly motivated, and be self-directed.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website