See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
We are seeking an experienced Subcontract Manager to lead the subcontracts team for the Threat Detection Solutions (TDS) product line in our Countermeasures and Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) business area. In this role, you will report directly to a CEMA Subcontracts Director while leading a team of approximately six (6) subcontract professionals at various experience levels. This role is highly visible and will have direct engagement with functional, product line and business area leadership. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in procurement and subcontracts and act as the functional management interface to program and product line management consulting on contractual matters, shaping subcontracting strategies, supporting internal and external audits, delivering compliant proposals, and managing subcontract purchase orders from initial placement through contract closure. This role is responsible for identifying opportunities and developing strategies to reduce risk, drive long-term affordability and Zero Defect initiatives within the supply base. The successful candidate has the ability to lead and influence cross-functional subcontract management teams to manage supplier relationships and overall subcontractor performance including technical, cost, schedule, and contract performance. The successful candidate will provide leadership and guidance to a team of direct reports and will be responsible for evaluating and maintaining the appropriate staffing to support the product line's subcontract requirements. This role is responsible for directly managing the TDS Product Line Subcontract Team's workload, to include overseeing the issuance of supplier purchase orders and agreements that are fully compliant to internal policies & procedures, Federal Acquisition rules and regulations, and public law requirements. This role will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing training and development plans for the direct reports within their team. The successful candidate is able to develop and validate key subcontract requirements, statements of work, subcontract management plans and terms and conditions for the procurement of complex materials, equipment, supplies and services. The successful candidate must have the capability to accurately define requirements, develop evaluation and source selection criteria, manage requests for proposal (RFPs), evaluate complex supplier proposals, effectively negotiate subcontract scope, prepare awards and administer resulting subcontracts.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 10 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government contracting environment.
- Demonstrated working experience generating, negotiating and successfully managing major subcontracts and complex procurements.
- Motivate and effectively manage a team of subcontracts professionals toward meeting or exceeding program, product line, and functional goals and objectives.
- Provide coaching, training, and performance development to build team skills and knowledge
- Manage a staffing plan to provide workload balancing and alignment of team resources and skillsets with current and future requirements and projects.
- Strong experience collaborating with cross-functional teammates (i.e. Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Program Managers, Finance, Compliance, etc.) and key internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management regarding subcontract performance (i.e. cost, schedule, risks & opportunities, etc.) as well as performance to key financial objectives
- Ability to develop successful negotiation strategies and effectively lead complex negotiations to achieve favorable outcomes and balanced agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acquisition policies / procedures, and demonstrated experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Public Laws applicable to U.S. Government Procurements.
- Knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulation (EAR) and how they relate to major subcontracts and complex procurements.
- Ability to support critical internal/external audits (i.e. Contractor Purchasing System Review, AS9100, etc.)
- Significant experience developing, defining, and ensuring compliance with key requirements (statements of work, drawings/specifications, contractual terms & conditions, prime contract flowdowns, etc.)
- Strong experience leading and/or supporting the development and submittal of compliant supplier proposals, preferably in a defense and aerospace environment.
- Proactively identify risk and develop appropriate mitigation plans; Development of root cause and corrective actions plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time, with occasional spikes based on business need.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management experience
- Professional Supply Chain Certification (i.e. CFCM, CPM, CPSM, PMP, etc.)
- Graduate degree in a related field
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website