BAE Systems is pleased to announce an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst supporting our F-35 business. This position is located in Fort Worth, Texas.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To apply broad knowledge of accounting and finance principles in the analysis and evaluation of the prior, current and future financial conditions of ongoing and projected projects, programs and operations to determine status, performance, expenditures and revenue.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Develops, installs and maintains budgetary procedures to monitor expenditures of labor, overhead, material and other costs on program and project activities. Conducts special studies and analyses of financial practices and procedures and makes recommendations to promote efficiency in the area of financial management.
2. Develops new procedures for applying cost analysis techniques to provide customers with a more effective assessment of program status.
3. Prepares weekly/monthly reports and presentations analyzing contractor status to include performance/trend evaluations, independent cost-to-complete projections, and identification of potential problem areas.
4. Assists customer in contractor surveillance to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Provides on site evaluation as needed. Examines contractor internal data both to validate consistency of reports to the government and reasonableness of budgets allocated to cost accounts. May conduct fact-finding sessions, if required.
5. Oversees the review and analysis of financial documentation and evaluates performance measurement criteria.
6. Coordinates all submissions into a consolidated budget and financial report. Prepares regular and special budget reports. Prepares estimates for cost proposals and justifications.
7. Develops and maintains tracking system to monitor obligation expenditures. Maintains financial records and journals of program and project operations.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Education and Experience:
Master's Degree & 3 years of related experience
Bachelor's Degree & 5 years of related experience
Associates Degree & 7 years of related experience
High School Diploma and 11 years of related experience
Excellent command of MS Office Suite to include: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Experience in program finance and government contracting for multiple contract types (FFP, CPFF, T&M).
Experience with Deltek, CostPoint, Hyperion, COGNOS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website