BAE Systems is looking for a qualified mid-level professional to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting sustaining efforts for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile weapon system at the Strategic Missile Integration Complex (SMIC). The SMIC is a world-class Test and Evaluation facility that is used to test nuclear and ballistic missile systems by simulating missile squadrons. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly-skilled and talented team that researches, upgrades, designs, builds and tests missile test equipment and supporting systems.
The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure, and reliable Minuteman III weapon system as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2040. This activity is identified as the Integration Support Contract (ISC). The contract assists in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and augments government resources. The contract provides broad and deep capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM demonstration/validation. The position is located at Hill AFB, Utah.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS/MS in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics from an ABET accredited program
- 4+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree, 2+ years with Master's
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office suite to prepare appropriate metrics, reports and documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail, coupled with good time management and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills for interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Minuteman III Weapon System Experience
- Experience with SMIC Systems
- Project Management experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website