See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Section Lead with a passion for engineering leadership and the desire to be part of an innovative and dedicated team responsible for industry-leading military Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. This position will lead a team of ~15 security software engineers in all phases of the secure product research and development to meet product security requirements.
Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, hiring and support in the training of new engineers in the area of GPS product security software development. Candidate will perform staff management including performance review preparation/delivery, coaching/mentoring, career development, salary planning, reward/recognition, and performance management as needed. Candidate will also be responsible for identifying the necessary staff, facilities and equipment needed for successful execution of projects within the team. Candidates must have strong leadership and organizational skills as well as project management experience. Must also bring excitement and passion to this role and expect the same of the team.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in leading software development teams and projects.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Position requires an active DOD Secret clearance at time of application (Required)
- Experience in areas of systems security, information assurance, communication security, computer security, and cryptography.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in overall successful project execution and oversight to ensure development teams have properly planned, set up project schedules, identified, hired and trained staff for project execution, and provide oversight that the team executes to the established schedule and cost objectives.
- Experience in performance review and career development planning for individual contributors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with Discipline Leads, Section Leads, Program Engineering Managers and Program Managers within the organization.
- Experience in supporting pursuit activities, including bids and proposals.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website