Warehouse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse facility. Within this role you will oversee all operations related to receiving material, material storage, warehouse space utilization , movement of material to manufacturing lines, facility maintenance, and employee engagement.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Supervisory and Administration: Lead the Team. Oversee schedule, quality, and performance of the Warehouse from Receiving through delivery of material to the manufacturing line.
- Provides direction to departmental employees.
- Ensure Materials Department initiatives are implemented, as necessary.
- Lead the Warehouse Team in the most up to date processes, procedures, and techniques. Directs the distribution of daily work assignments and training of team.
- Material Flow: Control the flow of material from BAE Systems in York, PA.
- Implement and enforce strategies to achieve quality and cost-effective Warehouse operations.
- Compliance: Ensure that all Warehouse activities are conducted with all applicable USG compliance requirements, including but not limited to: FAR/DFARs, ITAR, ISO, and Company Policies and procedures.
Performance Expectations: Process Improvement initiatives, leadership; planning and execution; organizational and communication skills; problem-solving abilities; training for the department; develop and coach employees.
- This person should have a working knowledge of government required documents, FAR and DFAR requirements, and should be a proponent of Continuous Improvement processes and LEAN Management in order to be successful.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in a warehouse setting OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of government required documents, FAR and DFAR requirements.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) Certification
Experience with Oracle ERP
Experience in a manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website