The candidate who fills this Editor position will be expected to:
-Provide a full range of support in the production and dissemination of finished products, specifically, working with analytic customers (authors).
-Conduct final reviews of text, graphics and other formats for intelligence products.
-Formulate simple queries for relevant databases, produce publications in accordance to standards.
-Possess professional-level expertise with electronic publishing applications - Microsoft Office Suite, QuarkXpress, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Acrobat; structured authoring software - SGML, XML, and HTML.
This position is a Level Of Effort position of undefined duration based upon customer continuning mission needs..
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must have Three (3) to Ten (10) years of relevant experience in publishing and editing documents.
-Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
-Excellent writing, proofing, formatting and publishing skills and experience.
-Demonstrated proficiency with word processing and publishing systems/software
-Working knowledge of Worldwide Web and multimedia technologies.
- Demonstrate applicable skills and experience required to conduct the following specific Publication Officer job responsibilities:
- Publish finished intelligence products using agency publishing system and software.
- Work on multiple publishing projects with simultaneous deadlines under fast-paced conditions; perform duties in a multiple-shift, crisis support (on-call) environment, as necessary.
- Understand and apply knowledge of classification portion markings and proof final products to make sure all classification requirements are met for the software/tool and system. Consult with author, customer subject matter experts, and/or the sourcing and security policy team to verify and fix.
- Must be able to coordinate over email, phone, and instant messaging, all changes to finished intelligence products as requested by the customer and/or authoring organizations.
- In the publishing system, make all text changes requested by customer subject matter experts or the production management element; make or coordinate with visual designers to have them make changes to graphics and multimedia files as requested by customer subject matter experts or the production management element.
- Troubleshoot common technical publishing issues and investigate new issues as they arise, working with the IT support team, the customer's production management element, experts, and management to fix them.
- Serve as the office POC for troubleshooting and answering user questions regarding the publication system.
- Adhere to all publishing deadlines established by the customer..
- Attend regularly scheduled dissemination and requirements meetings and stay current with ongoing publishing-support initiatives, training programs, and any other publishing-related activities as directed by customer production management element.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence by clearly and concisely communicating work status, instructions, problems, requirements, options, and concerns with team members, managers, and customers within various supported offices and with customer specialists on production teams.
- Participate in meetings to exchange information, make decisions, and/or provide updates on the publishing system and day to day publishing needs and environment. Be able to communicate ongoing system issues and/or analytic office needs.
- Serve as system testers when the publishing system rolls out new code sprints and updates. Be able to identify issues while testing and make sure the system meets the customer's requirements for published products.
- Recall and revise published products, adhering to established agency guidance and procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Prefer a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related major.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website