Join one of BAE Systems newly established Business Areas, Countermeasure and Electromagnetic Attack Solutions (CEMA) as the lead principle contracts administrator supporting the Admiral Program!
The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company's, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated.
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business.
Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen, be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and demonstrate a working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR, and other government regulations. Acquire a general understanding of the different pricing environments relevant in government contracting.
- Leads assigned proposal activities including but not limited to analyzing of the solicitation, preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing proposal documents and submittal to the customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Leads moderately complex and supports complex negotiations. Use appropriate tools and techniques to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve the optimum business outcome.
- Research and make recommendations on contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level contract administrators and managers. May negotiate routine or moderately complex contracts under the general guidance of the Contracts manager.
- Actively participate and contribute to the implementation of new business methods, processes and contracting concepts to optimize the company and customer position.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Under the supervision of a contract manager, support the preparation of various agreements encountered in the business, such as non-disclosure agreements (NDA's), teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/agreements, strategic alliances and others as the opportunity presents.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contracts by (1) verifying completion of all commitments, and (2) performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assists in data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting to management.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as proprietary information agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts manager, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Performs other duties as required.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- To perform the coordination and management of moderately complex proposals, contracts and purchase orders under minimal supervision from the Sr. Contracts Manager. The individual is expected to continue to build the basic knowledge, skills and experience required for effective contract management, including negotiations and regular communication with customers and management and develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- Experience with agreements other than contracts (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or software license agreements)
- Proven strong written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Makes decisions using sound judgement while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principals and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- US DoD Clearance SECRET or higher with DoD Investigation conducted within last 5 years
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree and 4+ years of experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website