This position Provides technical and programmatic leadership on cloud storage usage and cloud storage security issues for our government customer. Serves as an customer technical authority on new or advanced hardware and software applications related to secure cloud usage and storage. Plans and leads the design, planning, execution and support of significant IT project initiatives to enhance service delivery and assess the effectiveness of cloud related applications, systems and services nationwide.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Leads cloud adoption activities and milestones through application of expertise in commercial and hybrid cloud computing best practices and technology.
- Leads the design and implementation of commercial and hybrid cloud based storage requirements into an enterprise solution that was developed, installed and configured at multiple customer locations and datacenters.
- Designs, develops, tests and deploys concepts, methods, tools, and technologies including those associated with cloud based server and desktop virtualization, SAN switching and infrastructure, commercial cloud computing, and storage-as-a-service.
- Conduct cloud security analysis of cloud platforms/environments based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (Framework).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory, and industry standards for cloud based security.
- Evaluates the organization's existing cloud security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrate improvements to the cloud programs within the organization.
- Participates in the evaluation, research, and development of cloud security risk assessments.
- Coordinates the implementation of cloud security programs across platforms and establishes vulnerability reporting criteria for enterprise solutions.
- Drafts and/or develops operational policies, procedures, and criteria for interfacing with program systems resources, and coordinates with other component Chief Information Officer's staffs, our customer, or departmental staff on the development of cloud related information security systems and application policies, guidelines, standards, requirements, and procedures. Develops and/or recommends strategies to protect cloud applications, information, and systems.
- Develops and provides compliance oversight for implementation of enterprise cloud system usage and storage guidelines and procedures related to web-based applications, network, and systems designs. This includes initial design, system lifecycle changes, and configuration management.
- Plans and implements procedures to protect data and ensure network security. Review and analyze proposed new cloud systems and software for cybersecurity risks, recommend countermeasures and resolve integration issues.
- Analyzes state of the art technologies and recommends significant departures from established practices.
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to EOUSA and USAO management, other clients, and technical specialists on critical functional issues and opportunities.
- Serves as lead in community efforts to develop and adopt cloud application efforts, including the development of plans, resource requirements and the balance of security with mission needs and objectives.
- Establishes cloud project goals, expectations and priorities. Establishes or enhances metrics and other performance measures to assess project performance.
- Establishes cloud project scope and objectives; develops cost estimates and projects
- benefits of initiatives.
- Develops IT project plans and schedules related to the development and adoption of procedures and practices for the secure cloud usage and storage.
- Oversees assigned business requirement IT project implementations and ensures cloud fundamentals are provided adequate consideration regarding factors such as customization, building and testing efforts, and risk identification and assessment.
- Estimates cloud related IT project resource requirements. Identifies equipment and staffing requirements. Makes or recommends adjustments to account for changes in requirements, advances in technology, or availability of resources. Coordinates procurement activities and financial control requirements with the appropriate functional staffs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
AWS Cloud Certifcation
EMC systems experience
Data Protection experience with tools such as Commvault or Networker
Experience with CISCO Nexus data center switching
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website