Company: BAE Systems
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
Intelligence Analyst responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes methodology for problems which do not appear to be susceptible to treatment by generally accepted methods;
- Reviews and evaluates incoming intelligence reports and information, collection plans, and programs;
- Develops and projects data, draws conclusions, and estimates probabilities based upon knowledge of current and past intelligence situations, and an understanding of the significance of conditions and trends;
- Provides specialized intelligence and threat analysis and production support;
- Accesses and performs research on designated automated intelligence databases for the purpose of identifying information of interest to the customer, downloading the identified information to an appropriate medium, and editing the information into format(s) to be specified by the customer;
- Provides intelligence and threat analysis of the information that is tailored to the customer's requirements;
- Develops information and technical support documents, summaries, reports, presentations and other designated products in support of the customer's information and technical support requirements;
- Presents briefings to personnel designated by the customer
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree and six (6) years relevant experience
- Shall have knowledge and skills in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions.
- Shall have knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources in the area studied.
- Shall have knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations in a program or support setting.
- Shall have knowledge and skills in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity to develop new or modified work methods, organizational structures, records and files, management processes, staffing patterns, procedures for administering program services, guidelines and procedures, and automating work processes for the conduct of administrative support functions or program operations. Also, knowledge may be applied in analyzing and making recommendations concerning the centralization or decentralization of operations.
- Shall have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to tactfully and persuasively advise and guide executive management relative to a variety of issues which can be delicate in nature; includes making presentations and preparing complete, clear, and concise formal and informal reports, correspondence, briefings, charts, tables, and graphs that are distributed throughout the TSC and its partner agencies.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website