BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to work in our C4ISR division.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
As a systems engineer for Identify Friends or Foe (IFF) programs your career will help protect the US Army, Navy, Air Force and other Government and International entities. You will be part of the product line's exciting transformation to digital systems engineering.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing system engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements.
- Developing operational systems concepts, originating design concept, and performing systems level integration and test.
- Apply your knowledge of IFF design and testing to AIMS and RTCA standards.
- Use specialized tools such as Matlab, MagicDraw, and DOORS.
- Develop and manage cybersecurity requirements.
- Perform functional bench test and qualification tests in an electronics lab environment.
- Develop and align processes, methods, and tools for common product line reuse/leverage, model-based systems engineering (MBSE), and automated system test.
- Supports proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- May be a group or task lead, responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and interface coordination with other groups.
- Provide engineering support to production and field returns.
- Perform site operations, installations, and integration and validation support activities at customer locations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field. Electrical engineering foundation/skills are critical.
- 8+ years of related experience in the Identify Friends or Foe (IFF) / Air Traffic Control (ATC) / Navigation/ Surveillance fields.
- Proficiency in the use of the following specialized tools; Matlab, MagicDraw, and DOORS
- Secret clearance required
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering
- Experience with MagicDraw and SysML
- Experience with Information Assurance and cybersecurity requirements
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website