- Installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations.
- Performs periodic inspection to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions: conducts maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment: charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant: checks and tests for leaks: sets and adjusts controls and regulators: fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork: overhauls equipment.
- May service, modify, and maintain centralized HVAC computer systems and make program corrections.
- May be required to install and maintain high-technology clean room environments.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 3 or more years of commercial HVAC equipment service experience, repairs and preventative maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED, Trade school a plus
- Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED and10 plus years in the field with HVAC trade schooling is preferred.
- Maximo CMMS and Johnson Controls BMS experience preferred but not necessary.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website