See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
We are looking for an Electronics Assembly Specialist to join our team. The assembler will:
- Assemble, disassemble, modify, rework and repairs various preproduction and production subassemblies, assemblies and complete electrical and mechanical systems by interpreting schematic diagrams, technical drawing packages (i.e., ECO's, parts lists, etc.), blueprints, process sheets or other specifications and using correct tooling and machinery. Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements using precision measuring equipment and performs rework as needed.
- Identify the reason for units failing by using test failure sheets and performs the necessary repair operations.
- Fabricate complex assemblies utilizing build-to-print skills to meet production, engineering and prototype requirements.
- Perform complex ECO rework associated within the area confines. This includes repairing printed wiring board circuits, cuts and jumpers, drilling, epoxy repair of circuit cards, etc.
- Perform tasks of lower level assembler job descriptions as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires five (5) years of electronic assembly experience.
- Must be able to achieve J-STD-001 solder certification and perform various assembly/soldering techniques per company and customer standards.
- Ability to interpret assembly instructions, use wire lists, schematic diagrams, process sheets/route cards, and technical drawing package (i.e., ECO's).
- Ability to assemble chassis assemblies and commercial equipment into electronic racks.
- Ability to fabricate and test complex wire harnesses and perform wire wrap methods as required by specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to use small hand tools and complex tooling (i.e. insertion, extraction, wire strippers manual/electric and crimpers manual/pneumatic).
- Able to set-up and operate various equipment (i.e., Cable scan virtual box, continuity tester).
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website