BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This role involves developing Board Support Packages for embedded processors, working a part of a small BSP team. Experience with Linux, WindRiver VxWorks, Greenhills Integrity, NXP Codewarrior, Uboot, NXP Power PC and ARM based processors, AMD and Intel. Strong HW/SW debug skills and the ability to write Diagnostics software in a Linux is a plus. JTAG experience with Asset tools is a plus.
The successful candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas.
This position may also include the following activities:
- Support test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies of mixed technology (Analog, Digital and/or RF) modules, working directly with program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to technicians and manufacturing personnel as required
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Able to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to lead others to closure.
- Present technical information to program teams and/or customers.
- Technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Active Secret clearance preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website