BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is seeking to hire a Director of Programs to join the leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of Navy and commercial ship Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO) and modernization programs. You will report directly to the General Manager of BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair.
Leads the Program Director(s) function internal to BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair with responsibility for overseeing multi-ship overhaul programs. As such, primary roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defines, plans, develops, and implements strategies, policies, practices, and programs that leverage the corporation's skills, capabilities, and experience for government and commercial customers in support of business objectives.
- Conducts regular program reviews for BAE Systems and customers using specific metrics to ensure program objectives are met, including safety, cost, and schedule.
- Maintains and complies with BAE Systems Life Cycle Maintenance (LCM) processes.
- Leads all Program Managers, Project Managers, Ship Superintendents, and the Planning Department
- Works across BAE Systems for programs support from specific functional areas, to include Procurement, Contracts, Finance, Legal, and Operations.
- Establishes and clearly communicates program vision while implementing service delivery methodologies and processes across multiple task orders through an established program structure.
- Supports in the preparation of proposals, business plans, operating budgets, and financial performance reviews.
- Manages program financials in accordance with BAE Systems policies and standards.
- Participates in strategic business planning and business development activities.
- Drives innovation and solutions; facilitates alignment of corporate investments with new and emerging customer needs; identifies opportunities for growth.
- Engages with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) to establish/improve relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues. Ensures collaboration between the Program Management Organization and all stakeholders.
- Monitors, controls, and communicates project, budget, staffing, schedule, and performance status; prepares status reports; effectively manages program and project scope.
- Identifies and assesses project risks and issues, and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Defines and drives achievement of objectives, both short term and strategic, in collaboration with senior management.
- Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior and top management for external representatives.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 12+ Years' experience with Navy maintenance and repair, may substitute Program Management experience from similar industries at a similar level.
Experience managing complex projects and systems, requiring systems integration, operations and maintenance activity.
Experience leading diverse teams comprised of personnel with different backgrounds and functional experience.
Must have the ability to obtain Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) clearance to access U.S. Military Facilities by having US Person or Citizenship status as defined by ITAR
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Master's Degree and PMP
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website