BAE Systems, Combat Mission Systems Division is seeking a Director I, Warehouse and Logistics. In this role this individual is expected to oversee the warehouse, material handling and logistics operations for multiple locations within the US. This includes receiving, inventory management, material consumption, disposition, shipping, and transportation.
As part of the role expectations include:
- Own material handling safety practices across facilities and implement proactive steps to reduce incidents, near-misses.
- Accountability for receiving, inventory management, material consumption, disposition, shipping, and transportation.
- Deploy advanced material handling techniques such as supermarkets pull systems, kitting, picking, delivery, to reduce costs and transaction times to the organization.
- Ensure all material is effectively managed to ensure it is received and transacted for 100% availability to the manufacturing lines.
- Aggressively pursue modernization activities within all material handling and logistics operations within each facility to ensure substantial growth in manufacturing can be met.
- Utilize LEAN techniques and maturity assessments and modernize processes as appropriate, to ensure material availability, reduce costs and processing times
- Maintain compliance in accordance within ISO, DFARS, MMAS, GFM requirements.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proven working knowledge of MMAS concepts and best practices;
- Solid understanding of business systems and processes in an assembly environment;
- Proficiency working with integrated ERP systems;
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite;
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written;
- Leadership skills to manage, develop, direct, coach, and mentor a team;
- Keen customer-focused mindset with the ability to respond and anticipate needs;
- Results-oriented with the ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment;
- Budget management.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Material planning in a government contractor environment;
- Compliance to Material Management Accounting Systems (MMAS) standards under DFARS 252.242-7004;
- Material handling and inventory management (including government furnished materials);
- Work in process, material flow, and replenishment processes in a manufacturing / assembly environment;
- A heavy manufacturing environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website