Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe. Is required to make complex setups and precise alignment of work pieces in the machine and manufacture to extremely close tolerances as required in the manufacture of a large variety of precision parts made from various materials and configurations--bar stock, weldment, forging, and casting. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe.
2. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
3. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
4. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
5. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
2. Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply, algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of complex parts.
3. Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining blueprints.
4. Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
5. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website