BAE Systems is seeking Software Engineers to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment to support the Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Services (MAFPS) program. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of complex software services that incorporate mission, platform, navigation, airspace, weather and other aeronautical data from authoritative sources to generate and visualize 4-D optimized flight plans that adhere to complex global airspace business rules to support the USAF's Air Mobility Command's (AMC) 618th Air Operations Center (AOC) daily worldwide airspace operations. MAFPS is integrated with the US Air Force network and operates 24/7/365. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The primary tasks include the migration of the legacy MAFPS code baseline from its current VM/server based infrastructure to a cloud implementation as part of a multi-phased strategy to modernize and improve AMC's support to USAF operations. This effort includes the development and implementation of of a CI/CD pipeline to build and deploy to the cloud using DevOps best practices, creating Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for AWS and MAFPS services, deployment automation using Ansible, and technical design and documentation. Close interaction with other engineers within and across the development, test and integration teams is required to achieve program objectives. Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, user training and customer meetings.
Required Skills and Education
- Proficiency with Cloud computing environments and services such as AWS, Azure and CloudOne
- Experience with RESTful web services, JAX-RS, SOAP-based web services
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to cloud-based services such as AWS EC2
- Experience with Ansible or other automated deployment and provisioning tools
- Ability to analyze customer needs and apply Agile Software Engineering practices to achieve various Agile objectives within compressed, iterative development schedules
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline + 8 years' operational experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development experience
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and/or Developer
- Proficiency with Agile management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and Atlassian tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website