DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Accounting DepartmentFull Time, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE
Aventura Hospital & Medical CenterAventura, FL Facility Description:
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA's East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of Aventura Hospital and Medical Center's operations and support of accounting management.
- Assist with all phases of the completion of the following annual reporting packages: Annual Medicare Cost Report Documentation, Annual Income Tax Package, and Annual Property Tax Package
Review and analyze all supporting schedules and general ledger
accounts for interims, monthly and year-end closing
Preparation and understanding of the following: Monthly Balance
Sheet Account Reconciliations, Monthly Reporting and billing of all
Respond timely to requests for information from Corporate, Internal
Audit and Hospital Management
Assists with the planning and preparation of the annual budget
Compiles the SOX and Internal Control checklists in a timely and
Responsible for the training and guidance of staff accountants
Ensure that staff members are adhering to assigned deadlines while
communicating status update to immediate supervisor
Manage time effectively so that deadlines are adequately met
without undue stress to you and fellow team members
Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently
achieved with open communication to immediate supervisor
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting, or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years accounting experience
- Must have an understanding of general financial operations, preferably within a health care environment
- Proficiency in business software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain a professional manner
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality of all material
- Able to meet deadlines under high stress and pressure
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website