DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
New Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available
Full Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTE
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA's East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment program, and employee stock purchase program.
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is seeking exceptional, caring and compassionate new RN graduates to apply for our New Graduate StaRN Residency Program.
Description: Join our 2020 HCA Nurse Residency Program! Program Details:
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based poster presentation.StaRN (12 -16 weeks):
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment.
StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training: 6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
Professional Development Program (remaining 9 months):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital and unit.
To learn more about HCA's StaRN training and Nurse Residency program, click here to check out our video: HCA East Florida StaRN programUnits that may hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to:
- Progressive Care / Stepdown
- Behavioral Health
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website