The Nursing Supervisor provides supervision of client care activities within the home care setting. This position requires an ability to be flexible and work with all members of the health care team and provide ongoing supervision, clinical education, support, and evaluation to the nursing and other direct care personnel, but not limited to:
Responsibilities of the Clinical Supervisor:
- Perform on site supervisory visits to assess client, family, environment, and clinical care givers and complete follow-up documentation.
- Ensure availability and proper operation of necessary equipment and supplies related to patient care
- Assess and provide direct client care as needed.
- Promote and manage expectations and satisfaction with internal and external customers
- Performs SOC, ROC, Recert, Placements and DC as needed to support the location and patient care.
- Completes Direct patient care visits to ensure care is provided to the patient when needed.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nurse practice and nursing services, analyzing appropriate data and information to identify opportunities for collaboration with all stakeholders in order to improve services and patient outcomes
- Provide ongoing supervision, orientation, training, education, and evaluation of clinical field staff
- Identify professional practice standards within the organization and identify areas of strengths as well as areas for professional practice development
- Contribute to nursing education and professional development of staff, students, and colleagues
- Maintain compliance in accordance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and professional standards within the state of practice
- Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with registered nurse standards of practice
- Provide best practice in delivery of nursing care to the appropriate population and adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice
- Base decisions and actions on ethical principles and foster a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory climate in which care is delivered in a manner sensitive to socio-cultural diversity
- Participate in on-call for after hour client care
- Promote an environment of quality and safe client care through participation, development, and adherence to the QA plan and associated activities and metrics
- Diploma, Associate, or Bachelors degree in nursing from state accredited RN program
- RN licensure in designated states as appropriate
- Valid Drivers license and Acceptable MVR.
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1 Year prior homecare experience required.
- RN (Required)
Benefits of the Clinical Supervisor:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 2 Weeks Vacation (3 weeks after year 1)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 1 Week Sick time
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Matching*
- Easy access to state-of-the-art technology for electronic charting during point of care
- Paid Training & Continuous Professional Development
- Complete EMR System
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel; company does not provide vehicles or transportation
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
- Position is 90% road-based/Direct Patient care position.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website