Aultman is hiring Part Time, Full Time, and Casual Patient Care Technicians on multiple inpatient units including: Med/Surg, Stepdown, Cardiac, ICU, and Float Pool!
Our Virtual Job Fair is on May 25th from 2:00pm to 5:00pm.
Aultman HR and hiring managers will be available to conduct virtual interviews during these times. Registration is required to virtually "attend" the fair. By registering for the event, you are applying for the possibility to receive a virtual interview during the fair.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides support to the patient care team, by performing direct patient care, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides assistance, collects specimens, and performs limited tests per physician order according to established procedures and training.
RESPONSIBILITES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Supports other direct caregivers as needed, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs activities of daily living including but not limited to:
- Positioning/turns/skin care
- Meal intake %
- Empties Foleys
- Transfers to chair/log roll
- Pass water
- Oral care
- Maintaining safety
- Heights and weights
- JP/NG drain care
- Ostomy care
- Answer call lights
- I&O's and charting in Cerner
- Vital signs
- Catheter care
- Preventative foam dressing
- Makes beds and performs other special housekeeping duties as may be directed. Distributes clean linen and collect dirty linen.
- Transports monitored and non-monitored assigned patients throughout all areas of the hospital as directed. Assists with patient transfers and discharges, including removal of equipment from patient rooms post-discharge.
- Assists patient with menu completion. Delivers nourishments to assigned patient; provides water, ice, and between meal dietary needs to patients; cleans/maintains patient refrigerator and updates refrigerator temperature log, as assigned.
- Cleans equipment/utility room and stocks rooms.
- Collects specimens and obtains blood glucose according to established procedures and per physician orders and policy. Arranges for transport of specimens to laboratory as appropriate.
- Performs EKGs, removal of Foley catheters, and bladder scans under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Places patient on monitor telemetry leads, if applicable.
- Applies external devices (such as SCD's, Pulse Oximetry, TPump/Aqua K pad, etc.) per physician order.
- Maintains safety initiatives including but not limited to: hourly rounding, answering lights, monitoring patients who are a high risk for falls, and may be asked to provide 1:1 bedside companionship for patients as indicated.
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Conveys an attitude of understanding, trust, and compassion for individuals.
- Good communication skills.
- Commits to providing exceptional customer service to our patients and visitors. Commits to treating coworkers with respect and dignity and will follow our Non-negotiable Standards to promote a consistent positive experience for patients, employees and visitors.
- Documents care provided in Cerner.
- If applicable to the clinical unit, the applicant will have to demonstrate Monitor Transport Technician competency within the first 4-6 months and then annually after the initial completion of the Monitor Transport Technician class. The first 365 days requires demonstration of competency 3 times.
- Complete housewide mandatory education and maintains Basic Life Support Certification and any licensure if applicable.
Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by the incumbent in this position. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign additional tasks of a similar nature or level of responsibility.
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Education and Training
- High School graduate
- AHA Healthcare Provider Training is required (BLS)
- Adheres to the hospital attendance policy and will make every effort to consistently be punctual when reporting to work and during daily activities.
- Basic computer skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status
- Work Conditions
- Working hours vary according to departmental needs.
- Works under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Lunch periods will be assigned by the Charge RN.
- Requires full range of body motion which may include handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- May require exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
- Patient Care Technicians will be working weekend and holiday rotation and varied shifts per clinical unit area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Performing patient care responsibilities as required
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
- Population Specific Competency
The incumbent will have the ability to effectively interact with populations of the patient (and his or her representative) with sensitivity to the communication needs (other language, deaf or blind) and with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Apply on company website