PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide skilled home care to patients in order to promote, restore and maintain the health of the individual through teaching, preventative and rehabilitative intervention. He/She is an experienced nurse with an emphasis on community health education or home health.
REPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Uses assessment data to identify problems and patient care needs and contributes to the development of the patient plan of care.
- Contributes to the development of the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
Works collaboratively with case managers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide skilled nursing care based on the plan of care.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician and according to the scope of practice of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
- Documents observations, interventions, significant findings and communication with other members of the care team.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient and caregiver as appropriate per assessment and plan to achieve established goals.
- Provides supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses and home health aides according to Joint Commission standards and regulatory requirements.
- Completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities based on the needs of the patient and agency.
- Serves as a liaison between the agency, community resources, patients and their families. Manages, directs patients and caregivers toward appropriate and available agencies and community resources needed to ensure implementation of the plan of care.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the requirements of various third party payor sources, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- by state, federal, local and accreditation (Joint Commission) regulations and agency policies and procedures for the delivery of home health services.
- Communicates with all appropriate physician(s) and health care providers regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Communicates on a regular basis with team members and the Clinical Manager(s).
- Communicates with community health-related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/ caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate; provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician. Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/ caregivers.
- Assesses needs and initiates interventions to promote a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/ caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Participates in on-call duties as assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Complies with agency infection control and prevention and safety policies.
- Attends and participates in the agency team care conferences and participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient and the care plan.
- Coordinates arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and supplies that are needed for patient care.
- Meets daily average productivity standard established by the organization.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development. Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Completes annual competency requirements.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the program and responds positively to changes in workflow.
- Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Clinical Operations or Clinical Manager(s).
- Protects patient health information according to HIPPA privacy rule and Aultman Hospital policies.
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
- Supports strategic goals of the organization.
- Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's degree, with one year of home health care experience preferred.
- Current licensure in Ohio, BLS certification and valid driver's license.
- At least one year of recent experience working as a professional nurse, preferably in an acute care setting. Recent infusion therapy experience.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence, analytical and critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills.
- Organized with excellent time management skills.
- Able to work independently and accurately with attention to detail.
- Must have own transportation and provide proof of insurance.
- Basic computer/keyboard skills. Basic proficiency in Outlook and Word.
- Hours of operation with shifts as assigned, including occasional overtime as necessary to meet patient needs.
- Full time hours (40 hours/week) with weekend rotation, holiday, and occasional on call shifts.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to emergency and other crisis situations.
- Hazardous Exposure Category 1.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours (see attached Physical Requirements Addendum for details)
Apply on company website