PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is to provide clinical support of patient care, provide patient and family teaching and work cooperatively under the direction of the Urgent Care Providers (MD, APN, PA) in maintaining standards of care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Perform clerical duties and register patients.
- Provide prompt customer service.
- Adhere to infection control policy/procedures.
- Collects data to include vital signs, height, weight, current accurate medication list, and all pertinent information needed for the Urgent Care Providers to assess the patient.
- Perform phlebotomy/start IVs, according to policy.
- Administers oral, IM, SQ medications as directed by the Urgent Care Providers.
- Apply dressings and perform other treatments under the direction of the Urgent Care Providers.
- Assists physician with patient exams and procedures.
- Collects and labels specimens correctly according to policy
- Prioritizes daily tasks.
- Exhibits flexibility with willingness to work any schedule as indicated.
- Performs quality controls daily, if applicable.
- Provides appropriate documentation in patient's chart.
- Reinforces/facilitates education.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately of abnormal test results.
- Completes annual required competency and education.
- Performs any other duties as assigned under the direction of the physician.
- Seeks supervisory guidance/approval as appropriate.
- Portrays professional image follows dress code; communicates with internal and external customers in a professional manner, including appropriate verbal and written grammar.
- Promotes and demonstrates professional standards to enhance the development of the department including:
- Performs all job functions in an independent manner (as needed or directed)
- Recognizes and performs job functions with little or no supervision
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Responds positively to change in workflow as needed
- Aids co-workers (as needed)
- Maintains flexibility to meet department needs, including adjusting work hours
- Consistently completes assigned work in required time frame; completes other duties as required
- Collaborates and cooperates with co-workers, supervisors, etc., creating a productive working relationship throughout the organization
- Actively seeks and pursues opportunities to contribute and demonstrates desire for learning
- Practices Ethical Conduct:
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all functions and relationships
- Maintains standards of confidentiality, including HIPAA privacy guidelines
- Always complies with policies and procedures
- Meets acceptable attendance and punctuality expectations (excluding FMLA)
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
- Education: High School graduate or higher level of education.
- Diploma/certificate from approved program of practical nursing.
- Current licensure to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Must have current BLS.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic nursing care, knowledge, and skills.
- Phlebotomy experience, IV certified necessary. Obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and utilize computer systems.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills/communication.
- Function independently, have flexibility, and ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrates professional conduct in the clinical setting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, identity, family status, gender, disability, or veteran status.
- Schedule dependent upon location, staffing structure, and needs of the department. Weekday operations Monday-Friday 8:00a- 7:30p. Holiday/weekend rotation to be determined, but essential to the operations of Aultman Urgent Cares (9:00a-5:00p).
- Based on the demands of scheduling, location of worked hours subject to change to meet staffing demands.
- Lunch and break periods must be coordinated with other staff members to maintain adequate office staffing during departmental operating hours.
- Sitting/standing/moving about intermittently during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Work under the direction of the Urgent Care Providers (MD, APN, PA).
- Daily computer use.
- Expected to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Expected to fulfill position description requirements.
- Works with highly confidential data and situations; maintain HIPPA.
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
Category I- Includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
All procedures or other job-related tasks that involve an inherent potential for spills or splashes of, or mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, or tissues are Category I tasks. Use of appropriate protective measures is required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.
Apply on company website