Purpose of Position: The primary purpose of the Operating Room Facilitator is to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the daily OR schedule. This includes all duties which allow for maximum utilization of the operating rooms throughout the day.
Duties and Responsibilities: _______________________________________________
- Will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating rooms on their assigned teams.
- Maintain communication between the control desk, central service, receiving, anesthesia, the surgeon, and the perioperative team.
- Work with room personnel to communicate possible patient, instrumentation, or equipment delays.
- Assure proper instrumentation and supplies are on case carts.
- Participate in the preparation for a procedure by ensuring that proper positioning equipment, suture, and sterile supplies are available to the room according to physician preference and patient needs.
- Assist room personnel with opening of sterile supplies and room set up.
- Assist in positioning of patients when applicable.
- Prioritize the needs of assigned rooms to best utilize your availability.
- Be available for emergencies that arise in assigned rooms.
- Plan breaks for perioperative team members when possible.
- Organize and put away equipment and stock to specific areas.
- Serve as resource person, problem solver, and facilitator for assigned rooms.
- Prior to leaving for the day, will ensure that all supplies are ready and available for remaining cases.
- Functions in a time efficient and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrates willingness to help others.
- Seeks assignments when duties are completed.
- Seeks out waste and ways to eliminate it.
- Handles supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Open only needed supplies for a surgical procedure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures by anticipating any additional supplies, suture, and positioning that may be needed.
- Abides by department and hospital rules and regulations.
- Display knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Does not have more than 3 attendance occurrences in a year.
- Functions well in stressful situations.
- Adheres to dress code.
- Works independently and seeks guidance as needed.
- Works harmoniously with coworkers.
- Communicates pertinent information to proper channels.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize workload.
- Display positive attitude.
- Demonstrate and apply rigid control of the principles and practices of aseptic technique.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding Patients, employees, hospital, and physicians.
- Has variable shift rotation that includes but is not limited to 7:00am-3:30pm, 9:00am-5:30pm, 11:00am-7:30pm, 3:00pm-11:30pm.
- Extensive walking or standing for long periods of time is required.
- Breaks and lunch are coordinated with other personnel and work load.
- Blood and body fluid exposure = 1
- Frequent changes in duties throughout working hours.
- Cross training in all areas is required, as diverse duties may be assigned.
- Heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing are required.
- Involved with personnel, patients, and physicians under all circumstances and conditions.
- High school graduate, minimum 18 years old.
- Display an attitude of interest and respect for people.
- Understand and adhere to policy and regulations.
- Flexible schedule required.
- Successfully completes Aultman Hospital Operating Room UAP/Facilitating orientation program.
- Demonstrate mission and values of Aultman Hospital.
- Good physical and mental health:
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds every 5 minutes X 6 times.
- Must be able to push/pull a cart weighing 150 pounds.
- Must be able to walk at least 3 miles in an 8 hour time period.
Apply on company website