Job Req ID: 425501
Position Number: 00139988
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 3p-11p, 4 days per week with one on call day per week and rotating weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: NSG - Operating Room
Location: Atrium Health Union
Location Details: Union OR
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Applies advanced surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure, and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover.
- Performs duties according to department policy and procedure.
- Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion.
- Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process.
- Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards.
- May serve as a preceptor and a clinical resource to others.
- Assists in maintenance and completion of individual specified unit clinical projects as needed.
Works with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required or successful completion of military training program for Surgical Technology or Operating Room Specialist. Effective 5/26/2019, 2 years of operating room experience in surgical technologist role required. Current certification preferred. Meets qualifications of ST II in Surgical Tech Ladder.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website