Job SummaryFormulates and defines system scope and objectives. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. Provides guidance and training to other application specialists.
- Coordinates with clients and peers to enhance system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes and Information Services. Ensures client requests are properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Leads teams of one or more members in accordance with project demands. Ability to recognize individual team member competencies and assign tasks accordingly. Plans work effort of one's self and possibly other project team members.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems.
- Provides feedback to management to be used during the evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support). Develops workplans, estimates tasks, and properly records time tracking for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and in accordance within System standards.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Formal training in Information systems, desktop applications, databases, software development packages and programming languages preferred.
Joining the Enterprise Data Governance Office will put you in the driver's seat on vital initiatives having strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. We need your organizational talents, business discipline, expertise, and passion, to help fuel ours. This is an opportunity to do your life's best work! This role is to drive forward the Master Data Management workstreams and will include:
• Design and implement inventories for master data and reference data
• Drive the definition of enterprise master & reference data requirements, standards, and processes
• Facilitate the publishing and maintenance of master & reference data with complete transparency to the organization
• Design and implement automated master data management where needed
• Publish Gold Record Statistics regularly
However candidates can expect this to be a cross-functional role that drives forward the Data Governance Program at Atrium Health across multiple workstreams that include Data Quality, Data Domains, Data Policies and Metadata workstreams.
Apply on company website