RN, Wilkes Medical Center
Skilled Nursing Facility
This job qualifies for a $25,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements.
Responsible for a plan of care for all patients that reflects an extensive knowledge base including a theory base in anatomy and physiology, educational information, and psycho-social information to respond to the needs of patients of all ages and family members. Safety, education, and the need for rest are never overlooked in the plan of care. The plan of care also takes into consideration appropriateness, based on the clinical area of need for the patient. All interactions of the nurse with the patient, family members, and other team members reflect the shared vision of the Family Centered Care Program.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required. One year of med-surgical nursing preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Registered Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 1 year of hire for Adult Critical Care, Adult ED
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 1 year of hire for Network ED, Peds ED, PICU and NICU, and other areas per unit guidelines
- Provides patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior.
- Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
- Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
- Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned, waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
- Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
- Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to tolerate moderate to high stress levels
- Subject to occasional crowded conditions
- Moderate noise environment
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations
- Regular exposure to the risk of blood borne diseases, infections and contagious diseases
- Contact with patients, family members, community members, co-workers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Required to wear PPE
0% 35% 65% to to to 35% 65% 100% N/A Activity X Standing X Walking X Sitting X Bending X Reaching with arms X Finger and hand dexterity X Talking X Hearing X Seeing Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling: X 20 lbs. maximum X 50 lbs. maximum X 100 lbs. maximum
Apply on company website