This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. RNs are eligible for a bonus of up to $20,000 for Full Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Part Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of specialty.
Atrium Health University City provides health care services in the University City, Mint Hill, North Mecklenburg and Southwest Cabarrus regions in North Carolina. The award-winning maternity center provides personalized support and education throughout pregnancy, delivery and recovery, while the Emergency Department has more than 65,000 patient visits every year. Specialties also include cancer care, diabetes care, heart care, neuroscience, rehabilitation and much more. With the on-site Farmer's Market and Teaching Garden, our teammates and community members have easy access to local, fresh foods, highlighting the nutritional and environmental benefit of locally grown produce.
The RN Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
Apply on company website