This position is sign-on bonus eligible. New hire Nurse Aides are eligible for a bonus of $2,000 for full-time positions, and $1,000 for part-time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and career advancement opportunities.
Atrium Health Mercy, a 196-bed facility of Carolinas Medical Center, is one of two Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) locations and is 1.3 miles from CMC. As a Planetree Certified facility, we focus on the following:
-Connect values, strategies, and action
-Implement practices that promote partnership
-Use evidence to drive improvement
-Create organizational structures that promote engagement
For more than 100 years, Atrium Health Mercy has treated approximately 80-110 ED and 130-212 in-patients daily with a special combination of human compassion and leading-edge expertise. Atrium Health Mercy is a full-service community hospital, specializing in the care of seniors and in complex foot and ankle surgery, hip and knee surgery, bariatric surgery, and women's pelvic health. Atrium Health Mercy is Magnet certified in Nursing Excellence and is also a Planetree certified, patient-centered hospital. The Planetree model is committed to enhancing health care from the patient's perspective; empowers patients and families by providing information and education, cultivates healing of the mind-body-spirit, provides patient-directed care, is value-based, holistic and promotes safety of patients through active involvement in their own care.
The Nurse Aide/Healthcare Technician assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
- Maintains patient/resident's rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I or Nurse Aide II tasks (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I or with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide II.
- BLS required per policy guidelines.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer, stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment, wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical equipment.
Apply on company website