Job SummaryAssists in performing patient care responsibilities under the plan and supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Implements the physical therapy treatment plan in accordance to the plan of care established by the physical therapist.
- Collaborates with the physical therapist in modifying treatment as the patient's status changes.
- Applies modalities under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals and therapeutic techniques
- Shares in responsibility for maintenance of a clean and orderly department.
- May be required to provide coverage as needed throughout Atrium Health facilities in accordance with clinical competencies.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Associates Degree in Physical Therapy Assistant required. NC license for Physical Therapy Assistant required. Possess and maintain Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website