Job SummaryParticipates in the instructional and evaluation activities for the Nurse Aide I course in the clinical lab and the clinical areas for Carolinas College of Health Sciences. The nurse aide I faculty member follows the policies promulgated by the NC Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR). This position will support the lab and clinic. The hours will vary from Saturday - Sunday, 7:00pm - 10pm (lab) and 3pm - 11pm (clinic).
- Participates in college functions (e.g., teammate/departmental meetings, new student orientation, graduation, college committee, training) as appropriate.
- Participates in curriculum and course planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation.
- Implements current, traditional and innovative teaching methodologies in accordance with student learning outcomes in clinical and/or the clinical lab setting.
- Identifies student learning outcomes, measures the extent to which those outcomes are met, and makes changes/recommendations to ensure ongoing quality improvement.
- Aids in the development, assessment, implementation, and evaluation of program and college effectiveness and/or assessment plans.
- Monitors and evaluates student performance and provides timely feedback, written and/or verbal, on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains professional competence, including system- and college-assigned requirements.
Requires full range body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Must hold an active and unencumbered RN license in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC). Must have 2 years (4000 hours) of experience as an RN in the United States. Must have a completion of a course in teaching adults or experience in teaching adults or experience in supervising nurse aides. Must have current AHA BLS provider and instructor certificates. Must be an approved nurse aide I faculty with the NC Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR).
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website