If it's possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite board-eligible/board-certified cardiologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Adult Cardiology team at Atrium Health-Cleveland in Shelby, NC.
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute, part of Atrium Health, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, is actively seeking a board-certified or board-eligible General Adult Cardiologist for Atrium Health-Cleveland in Shelby, North Carolina.
About the Opportunity:
- Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Interested in patient-centered, value-based delivery of cardiovascular care
- Support continued maintenance of cardiology care in a stable, community-oriented market
- Skilled in echo and nuclear imaging
- Exposure to or interest in coronary CTA
About the Practice:
- Currently there are 5 general cardiologists and 3 Advanced Practice Providers at the Shelby Practice
- Shared regional call rotation
- Fully accredited echo lab within the practice
- Inpatient and outpatient service with dedicated image reading time
- Expansion of integrated cardiovascular model with recruitment of a full-time vascular surgeon for the market – renovations planned to create vascular office and imaging suite in the lower level of the practice
- Great collegiality within the practice and support among other specialists and administration
- Competitive two-year salary guarantee
- Comprehensive benefits for Physician and family
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- Relocation stipend
- PTO and paid CME time
About the Hospital:
Atrium Health Cleveland is a 241-bed hospital in Shelby, NC, providing comprehensive emergency services and specialty medical care and was the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care. The campus offers a variety of medical services, including a day surgery center, cancer treatment center, long-term care facility, behavioral health center, specialty care clinics, a community wellness and outreach program, a women and children's center, interventional heart program and physician practices.
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the Southeast's largest cardiac and vascular programs providing the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. SHVI employs more than 110 physicians in a network of more than 25 locations to provide the highest quality care available to patient with cardiovascular disease throughout North and South Carolina. SHVI has more than 50 years of experience in providing world-class, comprehensive acute and chronic cardiovascular services including the region's only heart transplant center and pediatric heart surgery program.
About the Community:
Cleveland County is geographically located just 39 miles west of Charlotte, in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Cleveland County, along with adjacent Gaston County, has many wonderful neighborhoods, as well as excellent public and private educational opportunities.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
Apply on company website