What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Analyze and optimize high-performance memory subsystem designs for machine intelligence acceleration, HPC and Cloud computing. Propose solutions to enhance performance.
Do you seek the most sophisticated challenges in the computing industry? As a passionate performance architect on our design engineering team, you will propose and implement solutions to processor and system performance issues.
- Responsible for micro-benchmarking, workload characterization, competitive analysis, bottleneck identification, and optimization
- Perform microarchitecture exploration, performance modeling, and analysis for SoC and memory subsystem designs that include next-generation memory technologies and scalable interconnects
- Advance performance simulation methodologies for server memory subsystem exploration and projection
- Experience with memory system, CPU, GPU, or computer system microarchitecture
- Experience with the development and usage of computer system performance models
- Strong programming skills, including experience with C++ and Python (or similar)
- Minimum of BS + 6 years or MS + 4 years or PhD + 1 year plus proficiency in principles and methods of microarchitecture, software, and hardware relevant to performance engineering
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field
- Masters or PhD with emphasis on Computer Architecture performance studies preferred
Austin, TX - Greater Austin Metro, Texas
Requisition Number: 85085
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website