What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SOFTWARE SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER -2
- Possess fundamental knowledge in one specialized discipline.
- This role also requires that the individual can interact and work with their counterparts globally to ensure effective delivery of the projects.
- Responsible for quality and timeliness of result for a portion of project/process.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Make more complex technical decisions independently.
- Implement checks and balances independently to minimize impact of mistakes.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing and ensuring consistent project planning, test strategy development, cost and risk management throughout all projects
- Translate complaints and issues reported by end users, or key AMD customers into language that can be utilized by AMD Engineering teams
- Reproduce and analyze end-user reported quality issues, and working with engineering teams to prioritize and drive to resolution
- Communicate key status updates for high-impact issues
- Report key resolution metrics to establish strategies for end user experience improvement
- Align with test teams to drive retrospective / post mortem activities to improve test coverage and software release quality
- Investigate user suggestions and product issues.
- Strong understanding & Hands on exp. with Windows and Linux OS internals, device manager
- Hands on experience with Professional Graphics, Device Driver
- Experience with Test Automation and Web development skills (Perl, VB, C++ C#, Python etc)
- Experience in Machine Learning is an advantage to this role
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services.
- Good knowledge of x86 PC Hardware & architecture, CPU, GPU, Chipset, Memory, Displays, Audio.
- Knowledge of Test tools such as JIRA, Jama etc.
- Hands on with issue debugging skills, issue isolation with Windows and Linux kernel, driver module level.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware, SoC, Chipsets, Graphics cards, BIOS & VBIOS.
- Extensive understanding of gaming community social spaces
- Understanding of PC graphics software and hardware for gaming
- Traditional social media and streaming broadcasting platforms
- Rich background in PC gaming, competitive PC gaming, or Workstation/Professional Graphics
- Experience with software development or QA processes and tools a plus
- Strong analysis, problem solving & interpersonal skills
- Good verbal & written communication skill is must.
- Good attitude, result driven & ability to deliver on next gen technology
- Flexible to work in shift basis depending on the need
Bachelor's degree in engineering with 5-7 years working experience/ Master's degree with 2-4years of working experience
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 102541
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Telangana City: Hyderabad
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website