SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Medical Business Office Specialist? In the Ambulatory Surgery Division, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. With the Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance and Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Medical Business Office Specialist who contributes to the company's mission, vision, and values by handling various business office functions.
- You will handle various business office duties to include: billing, chart preparation, cash posting, collections, insurance verification, medical records, patient registration and scheduling
- Responsible for accurately performing all functions of your patient admissions
- Perform and document insurance pre-certification, verification and interviews for your patients prior to surgery
- You will identify coding or billing problems from EOBs and works to correct errors in a timely manner
- You will prepare accounts for re-billing
- You will file secondary insurance and send to the designated carrier with proper documentation
- Schedule your patient surgical procedures and maintain the surgery schedule
Ambulatory Surgery Center-Tampa is proud to have a long and distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care in Tampa Florida. We offer a state of the art facility with the newest technology in our 7 operating room suites and 2 procedure rooms. Performing around 500 cases per month, our specialties include Orthopedic, Ophthalmology, GI, Urology, Podiatry, Plastics, General Surgery, Pain Management, and Radiology (seeds). We are an AAAHC accredited center for HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are located near USF between I-75 and I-275.
Be a part of an organization who invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Business Office Specialist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a medical office setting, preferably an ambulatory setting
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment, online certification not acceptable
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website