Allied Universal is currently searching for a Full Time Security Shift Lieutenant in Burns Harbor, IN.
The Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant will be provided on a 21-turn basis. The Lieutenant, in the absence of the Captain shall be responsible for the supervision of the Contractor Security and Emergency Response Officers, on a shift basis, at ArcelorMittal USA Inc. (Burns Harbor, IN) The position will report directly to the Captain and will be qualified to initiate Incident Command at the scene of an emergency of any kind, (including HAZMAT), and shall act as the Incident Commander in the absence of the Captain.
Additional responsibilities of the Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Shift Lieutenant will be responsible for the supervision of the Contractor security personnel and the plant security program consisting of personnel pass clearance and issuance; mobile and foot patrol; access control of employee and non-employee personnel and vehicles entering and exiting the plant;
- Control of material being brought onto and removed from the property;
- Enforcement of the Plant Employee and Non-Employee Rules and Regulations;
- Enforcement of the Plant Traffic Safety Program;
- Enforcement of the Homeland Security Facility Security Plan;
- Investigation of vehicle accidents, property thefts, loss related incidents and other abnormal or unusual conditions;
- Completion of all accident and security related reports and logs and any other reasonable related security tasks.
The Shift Lieutenant, in the absence of the Captain, will have responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Contractor Emergency Response Officers on a shift basis;
- Response and supervision of all hazardous material incidents as well as rescue situations involving, but not limited to, confined space incidents, aerial or high angle incidents, water related incidents, vehicle entrapment, and equipment entrapment.
- Response and supervision of all fire prevention and suppression activities of whatever kind or nature relating to structures, buildings and other asserts located on the plant property.
- Will be expected to acquire a working knowledge of the fire detection, suppression, and transmission systems on the plant property including system operation, system deactivation, system support activities and system restoration.
- The supervision of the Emergency Response Officers in regards to the completion of various fire maintenance duties. These duties will include but not be limited to:
- the pickup, refilling, servicing, delivery and required testing of plant fire extinguishers;
- inspections and recharging of C02 cartridges used in Ansul fire extinguishers;
- fire alarm system testing;
- hydrant testing;
- fire department connection inspections;
- Hose reel inspections and any other reasonable fire maintenance related tasks.
- Will perform other duties and assignments as deemed necessary by the Account Manager, Captain or ArcelorMittal Security Manager.
Qualified applicants for the Burns Harbor Shift Lieutenant position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- For driving positions, qualified applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Current certification as Firefighter II ( State of Indiana),
- Certification at the Hazmat Operations Level, and qualified in confined space and high angle rescue operations.
- The Shift Lieutenant shall also have the verifiable training in incident command and/or the National Incident Command System (N.I.M.S.).
- The Shift Lieutenant must be able to successfully pass the required screening to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card.
- If not already certified in some aspect of emergency medical care, the Shift Lieutenant will be expected to take such training to at least the level of a First Responder.
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Apply on company website