Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is seeking an experienced Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner to join our established family medicine clinic in Ukiah, CA.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner who:
Responsible for providing expert clinical care in general or specialty area. Assesses, plans and provides patient care in collaboration with the attending physician. Provides comprehensive health assessment, medical diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses, writes prescriptions, and formulates a treatment plan. Diagnoses medical conditions. Plans and implements interventions. Assists in the medical/surgical care and evaluates responses in collaboration of the attending and consulting physicians.
- Interviews patients, employees, and/or family members. Constructs comprehensive medical histories. Performs initial and periodic physical examinations. Evaluates patient behavior and explores patient's interpretation of health needs. Works under the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner and as an agent of the physician.
- Directly performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies and interprets finished results.
- Provides treatment of patients as needed, including administering medications and/or vaccines and performing procedures. Works under the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner and as an agent of the physician.
- Writes orders to increase, decrease, or change medication (subject to checking and medical consultation as indicated).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
- Two years relevant clinical experience: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification: Required
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) licensure in state of practice: Required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required
Employed Model through PNMG (Physicians Network Medical Group)
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Medical/Dental/Malpractice Coverage
- Vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Cerner EHR System
About the Medical Center
Adventist Health Ukiah Valley (AHUV) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care facilities, two critical access medical centers and a center for behavioral health. AHUV is a 67-bed medical center with Level IV emergency services, three medical center-based outpatient medical offices and is a center of excellence in rural health care with four rural health medical offices. In addition, the medical center serves 122,000 people in the Northern California counties of Mendocino, Lake, Southern Humboldt, and Northern Sonoma with a JobCare occupational medicine medical office, advanced diagnostic imaging services with inpatient and outpatient diagnostic centers and three laboratory draw stations. Services also include 24-hour emergency care and trauma center, cardiac care, intensive care, maternity including a Level II Intensive Care Nursery, pediatrics, physical rehabilitation, rapid care, surgery, womens services and advanced wound care.
In 2016, AHUV had 3,956 admissions, 780 deliveries, 30,037 emergency visits and 117,219 outpatient visits. AHUV is staffed by more than 140 physicians, 771 employees and 29 volunteers.
In 2014, AHUV opened a new state-of-the-art Cancer Treatment and Infusion Center, as well as Fort Bragg Rural Health Center and the Mendocino Radiology Lab. The medical center was recognized with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission in conjunction with the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. AHUV was ranked as one of the 33 high-performing medical centers in California for quality of maternity care services, according to the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce.
Nestled in the Ukiah Valley, Ukiah is a mid-sized town surrounded by vineyards, pear orchards and redwood-covered hills. Ukiah's strong sense of community is clearly present in its numerous town celebrations, festivals and events, including the Ukiah Country PumpkinFest, which celebrates Ukiah's rich agricultural tradition each October. All sorts of recreational opportunities can be found at Lake Mendocino, just five miles from Ukiah, with over 100 family picnic sites, boat launching ramps, fishing, a swimming beach, hiking trails and much more. For entertainment, Ukiah boasts a number of theatrical companies. The Grace Hudson Museum makes for another entertaining diversion, featuring exhibitions of the works of artist Grace Hudson as well as local, regional and Californian Indian artists. Ukiah is located about two hours north of San Francisco and one hour from the Pacific Coast and redwood forests.
To learn more about our community, click here.
Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is seeking an experienced Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner to join our established family ...
Apply on company website