With over 40 years of success, 3 Day Blinds has become the leading national retailer and manufacturer of quality custom made blinds, shades, draperies and shutters. We help transform our client's homes and workplaces by offering a wide variety of products that add beauty and comfort to every space. It takes a talented group of individuals to do what we do, and we do it together as One Team. We strive to create a culture of learning and opportunity, and most importantly, an environment where you can feel passionate and connected to your work every day.
This position will report to the Company's Controller and will be responsible for sales tax compliance, various indirect tax reporting (property tax, business licenses, commercial activity tax, escheatment) and other related activities. The position will also include certain accounting responsibilities, including fixed assets. The position is based in Irvine and can accommodate certain work from home days.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- You'll receive competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with a degree of employer matching.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
- Works with Company's Avalara sales tax system to ensure multi-state sales and use tax reports are prepared accurately, filed timely and reconciles to accounting records
- Research and respond to sales tax and other tax related notices
- Reviews sales tax exemptions customer requests and communicates with sales representatives and customers regarding various sales tax exemption requests
- Renews and files city and county business licenses
- Prepares various schedules to outside auditors and tax accountants and assist with corporate tax returns, property tax returns and escheatment reporting
- Tracks CAPEX projects and maintains actual spending vs. budget analysis
- Coordinates fixed assets to be approved and capitalized and prepares monthly depreciation and fixed asset roll forward schedules
- Responsible for maintaining sales and use tax accruals and accurate month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Works with applicable jurisdictions and manages sales and use tax audits
- Assists with corporate customer onboarding packages, reviews terms and conditions for corporate customers and reviews customer credit terms
- Assists with the Company's US and International expansion planning
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned or required
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and other advanced Excel functions)
- Experience with Avalara or similar sales tax system
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong analytical, research and organizational skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with accuracy along with prioritizing various daily tasks.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field
- Five years of experience with accounting and sales tax experience
Apply on company website