$20.50 per hour
Responsible for controlling the proper entry and departures of containers/trailers on the grounds and buildings to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- At the equipment control station, meets and greets all traffic arriving at YLA warehouse facility gates. Determines the purpose to the visit and directs visitors to the appropriate area of the yard or building. Registers the visitor by entering appropriate data into the hand held devices of the YMS system.
- Applies YMS transponders to containers/trailers that will remain in storage.
- When carrier is also picking up a unit will determine gate operator obtains details of the unit being picked up and will direct carriers to where the unit is parked.
- In the event of a live load pick up and/or delivery, obtains for security purposes the license plate and driver identification, and enter into YMS system.
- Upon departure of carriers, inspects unit to determine if it is full or empty. For empty units departing, determines validity in YMS. For loaded units, obtains driver's signature as required. Maintains document and registers in the YMS system.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1 year related experience preferred.
- Travel Required - none
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world's largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (“YLA” or “the Company”) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website