Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Leads the team responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring information management systems and standards to support clinical and fiscal functions of the organization. Manages time, cost, and feasibility studies, assists in forecasting hardware and software needs, and works collaboratively with other staff including senior leaders to resolve technical barriers. Establishes technical priorities and develops operational/support policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation, maintenance, and role-based security of all software applications.
- Serves as a key member of the Information Services (IS) leadership team with responsibility to ensure high quality customer service, application support, continual improvement processes, and to foster growth and development of the department and organization.
- Provides guidance to direct reports in the planning of enterprise application architectures, development, testing, and deployment of new application software.
- Ensures that new software integration or interface into corporate systems meets functional requirements, standards, system compliance and specifications/standards. Ensures that all interfaces documentation is secured and maintained.
- Supports the Vice President of IS and the Chief Information Officer in technology strategy and planning. Develops and manages an effective application infrastructure.
- Oversees the team's interaction with customers to ensure system requirements, goals and priorities are established to support the overall management of current and planned application services.
- Analyzes corporate objectives and customer needs to provide direction, and clearly aligned goals for the team. Communicates goals and monitors progress.
- Creates and monitors the department budget.
- Ensures staff maintains established security access rights and application access in all application and network situations. Ensures application security audits are performed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensures project management methodologies are maintained.
- Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers with the desired product, services and experiences. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional customer value, service, and support.
- Creates a culture where information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvements are encouraged, and staff and supervisors are held accountable for goal achievement and results.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with outside application vendors to manage and/or negotiate contracts and license agreements, ensure quality service, and resolve potential issues.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement culture.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Computer or Healthcare related field.
Experience: Five years' experience in one or more of the following areas with progressively increasing responsibility, including two years' supervisory experience:
- Overseeing the direction, development, implementation, and on-going maintenance of application software solutions in a large complex Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary groups.
- Leading quality work process efforts in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Experience with Epic preferred.
Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Knowledge of network and personal computer (PC) operating systems as well as network hardware protocols and standards.Knowledge of application data privacy and security practices and laws. Knowledge and familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies, including traditional waterfall models, as well as various Agile models preferred.Ability to effectively lead and manage a department and a team. Ability to create and implement strategy that aligns with organization goals. Ability to move seamlessly from strategy to tactics and effectively execute a plan. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess an issue and determine an optimal solution. Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all corporate levels. Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to execute projects on time, within budget, at agreed on scope. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to document business and technical processes and procedures. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Basic proficiency with database program like Access preferred. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.