Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide's continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Tax Analyst will support the worldwide tax responsibilities of the company primarily relating to US tax compliance, tax research and tax planning initiatives. The position will require interaction with the corporate accounting group as well as other business groups within the company.Primary Duties
- Collaborates in the preparation of the worldwide tax provision and SEC reporting requirements.
- Prepares supporting workpapers for the preparation of the U.S. consolidated tax return.
- Assists with reporting requirements of foreign operations.
- Calculates quarterly estimates and extension payment for U.S. Federal and state tax return.
- Partners with tax team on various tax related projects including transfer pricing and R&D tax credit computation.
- Conducts tax research on various US, state & local and foreign tax issues.
- Collaborates in the preparation of foundation tax returns and Forms 5500.
- Participates with implementing tax planning initiatives to reduce the company's effective tax rate and cash taxes.
- Perform duties consistent with the company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field such as finance, accounting, and audit or business management.
- CPA or Master's in Tax preferred
- 2-4 years of tax experience in corporate tax department or public accounting firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels through out the organization.
- Tax research experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels throughout the organization and government representatives.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website