SHIFT: 8:00am-5:00pm (Shift subject to change based on business needs)
The Staff Accountant I position performs a variety of accounting activities in support of the Accounting department. The job duties require general knowledge of accounting concepts and practices.
In general, work involves checking/matching/researching data and verifying accuracy of accounting documents to process, record, balance, or reconcile transactions, data input/output in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles, internal guidelines, and policy and procedures.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters approved data in accounting system(s) to process transactions in a timely, comprehensive manner following document procedures and proper internal control practices that results in a complete and evident audit trail
- Prepares various reconciliations of accounts and journal entries related to such accounts
- Prepares adjusting journal entries to accurately close the monthly fiscal period in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles
- Questions/validates data provided, gathers additional information, requests clarification/backup documentation, corrects inaccuracies to address other needs/issues prior (or subsequent) to the initiation of processing activities
- Reviews data to ensure accuracy and minimize exposure by following departmental procedures
- Maintains positive internal customer relationships by providing prompt and appropriate responses to inquiries, issues, and concerns when appropriate
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements
- Keeps supervisor informed of non-routine issues and refers matters outside assigned scope of authority to appropriate individuals
- Possesses the ability to be self-directed while exercising judgment and discretion in completing assignments
- Maintains strictest confidentiality of data
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Apply on company website